Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
Holy cow. That would be wet. Is that the one you won? Nice job....
That's the one...was gridded 8th of about 22. when the skys opened on grid, they said, "% minutes to get back here if you want to change tires". Acck. I git back in 4.5 minutes, thanks to the help of the entire Blethen crew, and A Shepard or two, I think.

The Integra and CRX boys either ran in their trailers wide eyed, or slipped off.
I was able to get around 4 guys in the banking (first turn) then made a pass for the lead on lap 2 or 3. Oddly, the lap chart shows that on some laps I was 8 seconds faster than the next fastest car. Not oddly, each lap had two "Oh s8it! I just threw this thing away, what an idiot!" moments, where the car was sliding with little helm, but each time I got it back. After a few, I learned to expect it, and adjusted my line to slide where I wanted to be on the other side. Of course, visibility to the rear was less than perfect, but by halfway I figured out that I had a pretty decent lead, and slowed down.

Of course, I am a swimmer, and dirt stockers rule! But I got lucky and managed to herd it the distance. Windshield was 80% clear, but there was 2" of water on the floor sloshing about. If there were any field mice hiding in the car, they could have broken out there little surfboards and hung 10. (or however many they have)