Thread: Driving Experience At Last Chance Weekend WGI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by forestdweller37 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what this "Race Experience" looked like? What it, for all intents and purposes, a "race"? Or was it a glorified PDX session? Was there open passing everywhere on track, even in corners?

I'm trying to gather information for my own Region.
    It was a little bit of both. The first session was different point-bys with no passing in the corners. The students through the rest of the day were sometimes points, sometimes not. The instructors when working with students were rarely on points. The last session of the day the , there was a "grid" that was arbitrary as there was no times. After the grid, the field did follow around a pace car and had a race start. PM me or Dick Patullo if you'd like more detail.
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

Quote Originally Posted by kcolbey View Post
    It was a little bit of both. The first session was different point-bys with no passing in the corners. The students through the rest of the day were sometimes points, sometimes not. The instructors when working with students were rarely on points. The last session of the day the , there was a "grid" that was arbitrary as there was no times. After the grid, the field did follow around a pace car and had a race start. PM me or Dick Patullo if you'd like more detail.
    Thank you. Dick and I have been in contact earlier this year. Looks like it's time for me to resume the dialog.