Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
Wish I could help you out but my carbs are a totally different design than your carbs. You've got external bowls and so on. Mine is basically like a big Mikuni carb - float on the bottom, piston, dampener rod, jet, needle. You've got to get your float height to a happy place though and that may not be the factory setting. My factory setting is fairly close, but not quite perfect.

And you've got to get the right amount of oil in the dampener section. I'm sure the 240Z guys could help you there, on the 260Z it is about 2ccs.
Ron, was it the float height that was causing you to have one carb's egts going cold Ron?? I have the bowl sight tool on order from z-therapy, which should give us a little more accurate look at the float settings. Actually what you've said is a help. I've been trying to religiously follow factory settings, but it's helpful to know we might have to drift a bit from stock specs to find what's going to work for racing. Moreover I just never realized that the amount of oil added to the dampeners was all that important. BTW have you run your car with the new motor in it yet?