Thread: Sentra SE-R

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UPDATE: The car is empty! What I mean by this is we have started on the cage! I took the seats, carpet, spare tire, seatbelts, and headliner out of the car this weekend. We've already taken measurements and designed the cage as well. We're just ordering the tubing today and then when I get my 5 days off work starting thursday, the fabrication begins.

We did run into an interesting situation with the forward-most cage supports, though. The situation is this: in order to put the bars where we want and vertical, it looks like we would need to go through the dash. This means that dash modification/removal is in the cards. The problem is that I can't find anything about the dash in the GCR. Will we need to just remove the dash, fit it around the tubes, then replace it? Or do we need to bend the tubes around the dash? I know it is most likely in the GCR somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find it.

I've left messages with both the Nebraska SCCA director and the office in Topeka, so I'm hoping to hear back from them, but you guys rock and I thought you might be able to help either quicker or have more specific information about this problem.

Greg- We used the pictures of the welded-in cage you guys did for a lot of reference, but we just weren't sure about this dash thing. What I'm trying to say is thank you for all the awesome help. Racecar blogs rule!
    Brett Westcott
    #58 ITA Sentra SE-R

Quote Originally Posted by Brettt View Post

We did run into an interesting situation with the forward-most cage supports, though. The situation is this: in order to put the bars where we want and vertical, it looks like we would need to go through the dash. This means that dash modification/removal is in the cards. The problem is that I can't find anything about the dash in the GCR. Will we need to just remove the dash, fit it around the tubes, then replace it? Or do we need to bend the tubes around the dash? I know it is most likely in the GCR somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find it.
    It is legal to go thru the dash. Just do what you need to to be able to reinstall the dash around the tubing. It is common practice, nothing to worry about.
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!