Thread: 99-03 Golf is now in ITB - any thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't for one second buy that the we got our ARRC win because of 50 pounds. Or 100 pounds. Or whatever you think should be added to the MkIII
    Kirk, I never said that nor ever meant to imply it. I fully agree and honestly am no longer lobbying for the Golf III's weight to be increased. While I still think it's a bit light, it's been through the process and it is what it is. But how could this thread not peek my interest? And how it could impact the classification of another Golf model.

The RX-7 fits the ITA target just as well as anything else in the class.
    I'm not sure you're understanding what I'm saying; maybe you read it too quickly or I didn't write it clearly? My point was that ITA had a performance target, cars were classed which eventually lead to that target being increased (by accident, ala CRX / Integra), which caused issues. Isn't that exactly why you guys reduced the RX7 weight among the other adjustments?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post

I'm not sure you're understanding what I'm saying; maybe you read it too quickly or I didn't write it clearly? My point was that ITA had a performance target, cars were classed which eventually lead to that target being increased (by accident, ala CRX / Integra), which caused issues. Isn't that exactly why you guys reduced the RX7 weight among the other adjustments?
    But we decreased the weight of the RX-7. So the target was somewhere in the middle of the two cars original weight.

Maybe my point is that each class NEVER had a documented performance taget. That was the whole trigger for a need for a process. There was never a methodology or any written targets. So to say it 'moved' is why I am hung up on it.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

There was never a methodology
    So they just took turns throwing darts to see which class & weight cars got classed in? Maybe it wasn't document, then again nor is "the process" at least on a public level, but I don't for a minute believe previous ITAC members completed their jobs blindly.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    So they just took turns throwing darts to see which class & weight cars got classed in? Maybe it wasn't document, then again nor is "the process" at least on a public level, but I don't for a minute believe previous ITAC members completed their jobs blindly.
    I'll give you my opinion on that over a beer in private...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967