Thread: Street tires in IT? My Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Interesting participation numbers (on the SCCA.com site) since we’re talking about that…
    ITR 248
    ITS 947
    IT7 255
    ITA 1354
    ITB 601
    ITC 219

For a total of 3626. The vast majority are from the North East and South East. Any speculation why IT isn’t nearly as popular in other areas of the country?

SM 3148
    SRF 1891
    FV 649

I’d say IT is still very relevant.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

regarding dumping the block prep and running stock motors: my vision would apply to new/modern cars classed in B&C; rules for engine prep would remain for legacy cars. (although I for-see how an allowance [weight] could be made for stock engines, I don't see it working too well because many cars as currently classed can't lose any more. Move a B car to C might be possible for them but everything [obviously] depends on the community)

Regarding wheels: If I still was running my Golf, I sure would run the 28 6x14s I had, sty least until I saw a significant advantage of changing.

"I’d say IT is still very relevant."
    Agree! The point is to keep it relevant-those who don't see how challenged it currently is have there heads in the sand.
    Last edited by pfcs; 12-16-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    phil hunt

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Interesting participation numbers (on the SCCA.com site) since we’re talking about that…
    ITR 248
    ITS 947
    IT7 255
    ITA 1354
    ITB 601
    ITC 219

For a total of 3626. The vast majority are from the North East and South East. Any speculation why IT isn’t nearly as popular in other areas of the country?

SM 3148
    SRF 1891
    FV 649

I’d say IT is still very relevant.
    Need to look at the % of entries in each division. If 100% of the entries in MidDiv were IT, their car count probably still would be dwarfed by the NEDIV IT entries.

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post

One of the major factors has been that in parts of the country that have less racing most of the races were Nationals. NE and SE have always had more regional racing than national racing. If I lived in the flyover state I never would have got an IT car. There were not enough chances to race it.
    Now with Nationals gone and the new world order being Majors and Divisional Championship events which IT is eligible the bias may change a little, but I imagine it will take years.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Ah, thanks for the explaination. Interesting.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing