Quote Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
I'm looking forward to not getting in everyone's way as I wave to the corner workers... ...I'm new to driving, not racing. My grandfather raced (D Prod), father raced (Can-AM, F5000, etc.) mother raced (SSC Pinto), sister (FV) and brother-in-law (FC, F2000) and I've crewed for a F Prod National driver and my brother-in-law's Pro F2000 team (zsportsmidwest.com).

As Mr. Gran's wife stated: "Dreams are for doing..." So with the new course at BIR being recently certified by the SCCA, I decided that the time to race was now or never... ...I always wanted to race (very badly) but my sponsor (Mr. Checking account) kept refusing my requests for racing funds. He stated I should wait until the funds were available... ..."F" it; I'll make it work, some how (dumpster diving for aluminum cans).

See ya on the track...

Brooke
Great attitude! My brother and I are in the same boat, doing this as affordably as possible. Whether we ever run towards the front or not, though, NOTHING is as enjoyable as a weekend at the racetrack, and especially when you're there with your own car. Keeps the adrenaline flowing, the wheels turning upstairs (slowly for me), and a smile on the face. Good luck!!!