1) We're a good bit lighter than that. I suspect you can find considerable weight to be removed w/application of the various weight threads on the site.
I did not 'splice & dice' the engine harness or peel off the floor insulation. On the other hand, your cage has more tubing. As you discovered, there are many subtle differences between the 1996/97 Mustang & the 1998 Mustang. Maybe weight is one of them. Any further debate on this subject is best left to the time when we can weigh them on the same scales.

3) Sounds scary on the tires. We're planning on 245-45-15 Hoosiers.
I was ready for the difference so it wasn't that scary. However, if you ever want suspension feedback w/out generating a lot of speed, merely install a smaller set of tires. The OA handling characteristics remain the same, but the feedback happens a lot sooner.

6a) I hope oiling issues are not common for these engines. Our sources say oiling isn't a problem at all & our engine is very set on making 80 psi of oil pressure from 1,500-5,500 RPM. I think it is too high, but it is what it is for the time being. I'd like to see around 55 psi @ 5500 RPM as I think the 80 psi is robbing some small amount of hp.
I do not think that it is common & I tend to agree w/your sources. However, keep in mind that this engine was never designed for competition usage. The T-Bird Super Coupe was as close as it ever got to high performance. Like I said, it cropped up between the test day & the race weekend. I have 80 psi on initial start-up, but it settles down to 60 psi when warm. But whether I just rev it up in the paddock or go thru the gears on the track, as soon as I get to 4,000 RPM, it drops to 30 psi ... no lower. To be honest, I am hoping it's P/U tube.

7) Good tip. We'll look for this problem.
I remember that the 2nd gen 300ZX/Z32 had an engine oiling issue that only came up in high G RH turns which, unfortunately, was what turn #1 was at Road Atlanta ... & where the Runoffs were at the time. Personally, I think that this issue will be a lot less complicated.

8) Muffler(s) as in plural? I'd suggest that there is unneeded weight right there & I believe that w/some modeling & dyno time you'd find a properly designed single exhaust will be superior to the dual setup. I bet it sounds nice tho, ours, not so much.[/QUOTE]
Please do not take this personally, but "complicated, expensive & time consuming do not always a better mousetrap make". However, w/that said, for someone such as myself who has zero fabrications skills, the 'plug-&-play' aspect of IT racing has always been attractive to me. Thinking quickly, I believe that the only fabricated parts on the Mustang are the roll cage (Autopower) & the short pipes connecting the X-pipe to the mufflers on the exhaust system.

Anyway, I will provide you w/the 'autopsy results' of the oiling & transmission issues ASAP.