I agree with you, John. SCCA can't - won't - get into too much individual allowances/variances. It just can't happen. Pro could do it because they had a dedicated group of guys that were PAID to do it, and were paid to do it quickly. Club just isn't in a position to work that fast, nor does it historically play the "benevolent dictator" role.

On the other hand, if there are limitations in STU that are not in line with what Pro generally accepted as "given" - you offer the 12.5:1 compression ratio as an example - then I believe the STU rules should be changed to reflect that given. Those changes/requests will need to come from folks like you and Eric that have the experience with them.

Then, in the end, I'd like to see the Club help in this transition period by allowing some individual vehicle variances that they were given by Pro, in order to get them to run with us. If those variances are minor they can remain as line items, but if they're large - for example, 13:1 compression - then they can be given a sunset time where the competitor will eventually be required to roll them back.

Trust me, the last thing we want to get into is too many individual and significant variances. That, right there, will turn into a snowball and result in the failure of the category.

My 2 cents (I'm cheaper than John).

GA