Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I.T. Triple Crown

Default I.T. Triple Crown

O.K. gang,

The I.T. Triple Crown has become a reality for 2008. the (ITTC) rules will eventually be posted on this and other websites. But for now they can be found at www.cincyscca.com on the main page. Please review them and give us some feedback. A western leg to the championship is in the (TBA) stage. There is no cost to enter, and trophies and other goodies are in the works to be handed out at the ARRC in November.

Let us know what you think.

Todd Cholmondeley
    Points Keeper

Tom Sprecher
    Administrator

Improved Touring Triple Crown

This racing program is designed to bring additional exposure to Improved Touring by providing recognition of those drivers that excel at a variety of tracks and events on a National level. These are the guidelines, standards and procedures of the IT Triple Crown (ITTC).
    1. Participant Eligibility: The ITTC is open to all drivers eligible to race in SCCA events.
    2. Vehicle Eligibility: The program is open to any car that is legal for an SCCA Improved Touring class as listed in the current GCR. For 2008, this would include ITA, ITB, ITC, ITR, and ITS. Other classes may be added in the future by the ITTC Advisory Committee.
    3. Sponsor Requirements: All cars must meet any sponsor-mandated decal and/or usage requirements to be eligible for additional sponsor-provided prizes. These requirements will be communicated via the event supplementary regulations prior to the race weekend they become effective.
    4. ITTC Segments: The four Segments that make up the ITTC are as follows:
        • The driver’s Local Series
        • The I.T. SPEC*tacular (IT Fest)
        • The American Road Race of Champions (ARRC)
        • IT West Fest (ITWF)

1. For a Local Series to be eligible it must be a season-long series of at least six races contested on at least two different race tracks and the series results must be available online.
      2. It is the responsibility of each driver to communicate to the ITTC Points keeper which Local Series they want counted toward her/his Crown total.
      3. Additional Segments may be added with approval of the ITTC Advisory Committee
    Current Local Series included, but are not limited to, are as follows:
      • SARRC – South Atlantic Road Racing Championship
      • NARRC – North Atlanta Road Racing Championship
      • NYSRRC – New York State Road Racing Championship
      • NERRC – New England Road Racing Championship
      • MARRS – Mid-Atlantic Road Racing Series
      • Great Lakes Champ Series
      • TRO Cen-Div Champ Series
      • Mid-Am
      • SFR Regional Championship Series
      • Cal Club Regional Series
      • Arizona Region Saguaro Series
    <edit> here is where I ran out of talent Cant figure out how to continue with #5 so I'll do it in HTML and repost the rest...

5. Points Structure: ITTC points will be awarded for finishing position based on the official results for each Segment using the following:

1 - 24 2 - 20 3 - 17 4 - 15 5 - 14 6 - 13 7 - 12 8 - 11 9 - 10
    10 - 9 11 - 8 12 - 7 13 - 6 14 - 5 15 - 4 16 - 3 17 - 2 18 - 1

A disqualification (DQ) from the IT Fest, ARRC or ITWF will result in zero points for that Segment of the ITTC.

6. Bonus Points: In addition to the points awarded for overall finishing position, one additional point only will be awarded for the IT Fest, ARRC and the ITWF for each of the following:
    • Fastest lap time during a qualification only session
    • Officially leading at least one race lap at the Start/Finish line
    • Fastest lap time of a race session
    7. ITTC Winner: The driver in each class with the most points accumulated in the best three out of four segments will be declared the ITTC winner for that class. Ties will be broken by number of race wins, then number of seconds, then number of thirds, etc. in each Segment. If the tie still persists, the cumulative total of the best race laps at all events in which both drivers participated will make the final determination.

8. Contingency Awards: Any additional monetary and/or merchandise awards will be distributed as specified by the sponsor(s).

9. ITTC Officials: The ITTC Officials shall consist of the Administrator, Points Keeper and Advisory Committee. Each official is nominated and approved by majority vote of the remaining officials. The Administrator, Points Keeper and each Division receive one vote and approve waivers, changes, additions or deletions of the ITTC rules only by majority vote

9.1 The Administrator’s duties include
    A. co-ordinate the efforts of the Advisory Committee
    B. act as recording secretary and post the ITTC rules
    C. represent and act as liaison for the ARRC
    D. assist and be responsible to the Advisory Committee
    E. assist the Points Keeper if needed
    F. act as Treasurer if needed
    9.2 The Points Keeper’s duties include
    A. maintain and communicate the point standings for the ITTC
    B. retain copies of official results for any disputes that should arise
    C. represent and act as liaison for the IT Fest
    D. make current points standing available on the website
    E. make a award list at the end of the season and post it in the final points standings
    F. assist and be responsible to the Advisory Committee
    9.3 The Advisory Committee Member’s duties include
    A. develop and enforce the rules, standards and procedures for the ITTC
    B. provide the cooperative leadership and organization of the ITTC
    C. separately represent and act as liaison for each Division of the SCCA and may appoint an alternate
    D. be responsible for the ITTC related conduct and business in their Division

E. the West Coast member will act as liaison for the ITWF
    Current ITTC Officials

ITTC Administrator:
    Tom Sprecher
    678-643-9897
    [email protected]

ITTC Points Keeper:
    Todd Cholmondeley
    513-518-9534
    [email protected]

Advisory Committee:

NEDIV
    Andy Bettencourt
    508-878-2228
    [email protected]

SEDIV
    Bowie Gray
    [email protected]

MWDIV
    Bill Denton

GLDIV
    Kevin Ruck

Bill Stevens
    [email protected]

CENDIV
    Chris Schaafsma
    [email protected]

West Coast
    Josh Sirota
    [email protected]

10. 2008 IT ITTC Schedule: The following events will make up the 2008 ITTC.

Date Track Hosting Organization & Comments
    Varies Your Local Track Local Region
    Jul 26-27 Thunderhill San Francisco Region IT West Fest
    Aug 8-10 Mid-Ohio Cincinnati Region SCCA I.T. SPEC*tacular
    Nov 7-9 Road Atlanta Atlanta Region SCCA American Road Race of Champions
    Last edited by tom_sprecher; 04-19-2008 at 10:42 AM.
    - Webmaster

Default PDF Version of the IT Triple Crown Document

- Webmaster

Based on #4 IT Fest = I.T. SPEC*tacular however I wonder why we refer to this race with 2 different names. For those of us involved now or in the past when this race was cerated certainly understand, but in the future it may cause issues? I don't really know, just an observation.

#5 and #6 have references to specific races (IT Fest & ARRC)... issues below:

Did you intentionaly not include the "IT West Coast (TBA)" event from the specific race rules that apply to the IT Fest & ARRC?

The way the rules are worded Bonus Points awarded at the I.T. SPEC*tacular are higher than those that could be awarded at the ARRC. The ARRC has 2 sprint quallifying sessions and 1 sprint race + 1 enduro qualifying and 1 enduro. The I.T. SPECtacular has 3 sprint qualifying sessions and 3 sprint races.

The other confusing issues to me are:

ARRC has a sprint race and an Enduro, what qualifies for points?

IT Fest has 3 races + overal mini-series winners, what qualifies for points?

Raymond "I hope that you don't take the comments negative, just trying to help, I love the overall program/idea!!!" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I have to run now but the Triple Crown currently only covers sprint races. When I get back this afternoon I'll address your other concerns unless someone else does.

We all appreciate any input, good or bad, we can get as we're kind of new at this and want to provide you guys with a first class series.
    Tom Sprecher

"I.T.SPEC*tacular" is tough to type - that's why we listed "IT Fest" in parentheses beside it. If that causes confusion in some minds then that person is too stupid to be the IT National Champion anyway.

The Bonus Points (and other rules) will apply to the (tbd) "IT-Fest West" event as well. That event will most likely happen in 2008, but we've not gotten final word from SFR on the date or format.

As Tom stated, the ITTC is for Sprint races only, not the Enduros.

There are three types of Bonus points:
    . fast qualifier
    . leading at least one lap in a race session
    . fastest race lap (of the weekend)

In the case of the IT Fest (or I.T.SPEC*tacular), there is only one qualifying session so that bonus point will be based only on that session. Leading a lap in any of the three races gets the second point (leading a lap in each of the three races still earns only one point total), then the fastest race lap regardless of which race it was set in gets that point. The final position points would be awarded based on the combined finishing position in the three races, not any single race.

At the ARRC (or "ARRC by GRM" for those easily confused), you'd have two sessions to earn the fast qualifier point, then only one race (the sprint race) to lead a lap and/or set fast race lap. The final order in that race would also be used to award the position points.

Hope that helps...
    Last edited by Butch Kummer; 04-10-2008 at 10:36 AM.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Butch-

Looks like perfect additions/changes to the rules to me

With increasing Gas prices and a decreasing economy you and others are really doing a a great job to promote/stimulate IT racing. This is awsome

-Raymond
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 04-10-2008 at 10:41 AM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I am pretty sure that many of the people listed as contacts asked that thier email address be shared rather than phone number. Can that be updated here?
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    I am pretty sure that many of the people listed as contacts asked that thier email address be shared rather than phone number. Can that be updated here?
    I changed the rules in the post to show each members preference of phone and email listing. Those with no contact info have not indicated a preference so nothing is listed. Unfortunately, I do not have the ability to change the PDF but webmaster can and probably will soon. Sorry about the table and indent spacing but when editing here WYSI not WYG.

Last edited by tom_sprecher; 04-11-2008 at 09:40 AM.
    Tom Sprecher

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
    The Bonus Points (and other rules) will apply to the (tbd) "IT-Fest West" event as well. That event will most likely happen in 2008, but we've not gotten final word from SFR on the date or format.
    It's official -- the date for this race for 2008 will be July 26th/27th, at Thunderhill Raceway. It will be a traditional regional that will count towards the ITTC.

Next year, when we have more lead time, we should be able to get some extra bonus races or something, and hopefully move it to one of our more tourist-friendly tracks, Infineon or Laguna Seca. This year, because we're late in the game, we had to find a way to fit it into the region's already published, very full, schedule.

Please support this race in 2008! It's the best way to make it something bigger and better for future seasons!
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    It's official -- the date for this race for 2008 will be July 26th/27th, at Thunderhill Raceway.
    You guys need to name it. I have added the info to the ITTC rules and gave it a temporary name of IT West Fest and will do a "find and replace" with whatever you guys come up with. Then I'll email it to webmaster so he can update the above link and maybe move the link to a sticky outside of this thread. I'll try to change the rules post but it starts acting weird when you edit it.

BTW: I made it official that the West Coast Advisory Comittee Memeber is the liaison for the IT West Fest. Many thanks for all your hard work, Josh.
    Last edited by tom_sprecher; 04-19-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added something ;)
    Tom Sprecher

One of the secondary reasons I went up to Nelson Ledges this weekend was to talk up the ITTC and the IT Fest. Everyone I talked to, stewards and other officials, old IT drivers, and new IT drivers, all agreed that this is a good thing.

Keep up the great work!!!!!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

This looks great guys.

Now I have something to shoort for in '09
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

Over the winter an I.T. Advisory Committee made up of drivers from SCCA divisions across the country was formed to explore the idea of having an I.T. National Championship. This idea morphed into the Improved Touring Triple Crown (ITTC). The ITTC is a point series developed to recognize the nation’s best IT drivers. One option to qualify is to combine the best results from your local or divisional series which are listed in the rules and participation in a minimum of two of the following race weekends.
    The I.T. West Fest at Thunderhill July 26th-27th

The I.T.SPEC*tacular at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course August 9th-10th

American Road Race of Champions by Grassroots Motorsports November 7th-9th at Road Atlanta

The second option to qualify is to run all three major race weekends.

Points will be awarded for 1st – 18th at each event (Local and Divisional series will be awarded on final season standings) so you don't need to win every segment. Current plans include trophies that will be presented at the ARRC banquet for a podium finish in the ITA, ITB, ITC, ITS, and ITR classes.

A copy of the rules is available on http://www.improvedtouring.com in the IT Championship events forum and at http://www.cincyscca.com. The program has started for the 2008 racing season but you really don’t have to do anything at this time. Entry into the ITTC is free. Since all the events conclude with the ARRC in November and we automatically track your results we only ask that you participate in the events listed above and spread the word.

We're also looking for sponsors to provide contingency prizes so if you're interested in that aspect or know someone who is please let us know.

Best Regards,

Tom Sprecher

ITTC Administrator

[email protected]

You know, it's pretty interesting how a couple of SARRC wins has primed my pump for this deal. We were already planning on doing the 'Fest and ARRC, but weren't worried about local series points. My emphasis has shifted a little bit...

K

Ain't it amazing how that works on your confidence level.

Kirk, that would be cool if you won the ITB crown. Maybe we can get Andy to venture afield and go for ITA, Marshall can get ITS, Josh in ITR, and I'll try IT7....how funny would it be to have the ITAC guys up there !
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Kirk, that would be cool if you won the ITB crown. Maybe we can get Andy to venture afield and go for ITA, Marshall can get ITS, Josh in ITR, and I'll try IT7....how funny would it be to have the ITAC guys up there !
    I'd have to call Shenanigans!
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Hey - it's not my fault that I'm located pretty much exactly in between the ARRC and ITFest sites...

K

See, West Virginia is good for something!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8