Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NARRC Runoffs

Any updates from today?
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Steve Ulfelder won ITR
    Rob Driscoll won ITS
    Shane Hawthorne won ITA
    Rick Benazic won ITB
    Ed Funk won ITC

There was a bit of excitement in the ITS/R/B race as Stewart in the BMW lost it coming out of the Left Hander and was hammered by a Honda Civic. Stewart was stopped mid-track for at least a lap and a half before they called the full course, but not before a corner worker, for whatever reason, walked onto the hot track unprotected and stood next to Stewart's car, with a yellow at T2 (mixed reports on if it was standing or waving). Worker was still on the track when the leaders - lead by Rob Breault - came flying through on the next lap, fortunately with no incident. Soon after that they went full-course yellow.

Then, as they were trying to get the BMW on a flat bed, the tow truck parked across the track, completely blocking it, with the leaders behind the pace car coming through T1/2. Control finally called a Red Flag and the pace car stopped in the Left Hander. They collected Stewart's car, cleared the track, and the field restarted under full-course yellow, then later got the green. Race finished about 12 laps short with Driscoll taking the overall. Stewart's car looked a bit used up...

GA

that was a crazy one. just happy to have made it through in one piece.

can't wait to see the in-car's...

It's a shame about the incident out of the left hander. I watched and cringed when i saw the BMW roll back into traffic with no braking. The Honda had gone for the left of the track as the BMW had blocked the right, but, he was unable to miss a moving target.

Much damage to both cars, unfortunately.

As for the race, well, from the spectators viewpoint, it wasn't boring. Doc Bro made a great move around the outside in turn 1 at the start, and had a nice lead by lap 2. But, after the restarts he ended up 5th. Most of the front runners were up or down. It was almost like musical chairs, see who's in front when the music stops.
    Volvo driver Wentworth had a great race, right up until the last lap, when Rick Benazick got by. And a Blethen as well, with 1/3 of a lap to go. Good stuff from the stands.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Video from the start of the ITR/S/B race is here: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StVz7gogFAA[/ame]

White RX7 shoots through the grass, hits red RX7, who hits me and I go for a spin. Not fun.
    Fred Fox
    E36 325iS
    #56 ITR

I feel like a schlump... I was closing fast on Jeff Henderson after the green
    and put my nose right up his butt, expecting to ride around big bend with him...

then he braked harder than I expected, and I dove right to avoid collecting him,
    and found myself in the wet grass with no way to get back, no way to slow down,
    ...a passenger... and came across, pushing Darryl Stein around, and got tagged
    by Mark Gregory.

I put myself in a position where my subsequent sudden avoidance maneuver caused
    me to lose control of my car, which resulted in a very messy start for everyone, and
    sheet metal damage for me and a few others.

Immediately afterward, I did seek out both Darryl and Mark, to express my regret at
    the outcome of the incident, and apologize for putting myself in a position that
    resulted in my losing control of my car.... a bonehead maneuver.

I apologize now to everyone else whose race I impacted, including you Fred, I am sorry.

I also thank everyone else for keeping control of their cars so as not to collect me
    as I was facing the oncoming traffic.

I did proceed and got several more laps in, but during the double yellow for the
    Stewart incident got a "low coolant pressure" warning so I came in, thinking I might
    have punctured the radiator or lost a hose... but there was no fault, the engine
    had just cooled down enough to trip the pressure light.

so I have just some body damage on both sides, and a bruised ego

sorry

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

So I tried a lot of things to give Mr Lime Rock, Shane Hawthorne, good race. I hate when we race during my regular nap time. Enjoy the video. http://www.vimeo.com/29911007
    Last edited by Tkczecheredflag; 10-03-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Hey Glenn,
    Thanks for the explanation and the kind words. I limped around to get enough laps to get credit for the race. Just bummed because it was my first chance to race this year. At least my day didn't end a bad as John Stewart's. His car looked bad in the left hander incident.
    Fred Fox
    E36 325iS
    #56 ITR

again, I am really sorry I messed up your race Fred, Ive been
    feeling like a real tool all day

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lawtonglenn View Post
    again, I am really sorry I messed up your race Fred, Ive been
    feeling like a real tool all day
    Glenn, you know you screwed up, admitted it and apologized, I wished there were more racers like you...KUDOS!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Just to be clear, it wasn't me who rolled back onto the track. I was trying to avoid a car that was doing that.

I had the camera installed and when I went to turn it on in grid, the freshly charged batteries were dead...

Andy, any time on Bob D in the second session?
    Jeff,
    I was rolling through West Bend just as it happened, Miata to the left and you on
    the right about 3 ft in the air. Looked like you ran over something big.
    Hope you are OK. Looked like a real hard hit from my perspective. I will check my video to see if anything visable.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Jeff, Marc in the Miata has video (Gulick and I saw it). He'll be contacting you shortly. He is pretty sure he had both feet in but who knows after wacking the wall like he did. Total bummer for you. Always rough when you get caught up in someone else's mistakes.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by wepsbee View Post
    Jeff,
    I was rolling through West Bend just as it happened, Miata to the left and you on
    the right about 3 ft in the air. Looked like you ran over something big.
    Hope you are OK. Looked like a real hard hit from my perspective. I will check my video to see if anything visable.
    I didn't run over anything. I'm thinking that I got some air after bouncing off the guard rail the first time. I'd love to see some video.

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Jeff, Marc in the Miata has video (Gulick and I saw it). He'll be contacting you shortly. He is pretty sure he had both feet in but who knows after wacking the wall like he did. Total bummer for you. Always rough when you get caught up in someone else's mistakes.
    He did contact me and did apologize which I truely appreciated. It was actually the CRX driver that was ahead of me that pointed out he was rolling backwards onto the track. (I have to admit I was a little foggy after and don't have a real clear memory of the incident). The CRX was able to squeeze through. As Andy reminded me, rember Richie getting T-boned in the same area?? He was blaming the other guy and swore up and down that he had locked them up........... then we saw the video and Richie had to eat some crow. I'm just glad I missed him.

And you want to know the cruel irony? I got an e-mail from a guy that night who wanted to buy the car.................

Last edited by JLawton; 10-03-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    I didn't run over anything. I'm thinking that I got some air after bouncing off the guard rail the first time. I'd love to see some video.

He did contact me and did apologize which I truely appreciated. It was actually the CRX driver that was ahead of me that pointed out he was rolling backwards onto the track. (I have to admit I was a little foggy after and don't have a real clear memory of the incident). The CRX was able to squeeze through. As Andy reminded me, rember Richie getting T-boned in the same area?? He was blaming the other guy and swore up and down that he had locked them up........... then we saw the video and Richie had to eat some crow. I'm just glad I missed him.

And you want to know the cruel irony? I got an e-mail from a guy that night who wanted to buy the car.................

Pictures of the damage or ban
    Jeremy Billiel

I got an e-mail from a guy that night who wanted to buy the car.................
    All the better. It's the Showroom Stock hot set-up but tell him not to share you secrets.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

http://www.scda1.com/blogs/bd/2011/0...er-S-Race-Car/

For Jeff L........

maybe this can replace yours? Car is currently at a "make offer" status....

Car is local...(and not mine)

Quote Originally Posted by vwzx7 View Post
    http://www.scda1.com/blogs/bd/2011/0...er-S-Race-Car/

For Jeff L........

maybe this can replace yours? Car is currently at a "make offer" status....

Car is local...(and not mine)
    LOL That is a bad ass MINI!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Does anyone else have in-car videos? Groups 3 and 4 were WILD. I think everyone saw something crazy out their windshield this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew M View Post
    Does anyone else have in-car videos? Groups 3 and 4 were WILD. I think everyone saw something crazy out their windshield this weekend.
    My data and video failed to work that session. I'm bummed, as I wanted to present evidence that I can follow a BMW (Rob Driscoll, in this case) without ramming it.

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drew M View Post
    I wasn't going to post this since the video quality is HORRIBLE! I have no clue what I did, but I will try to redue it at some point. If I watch the file it is great (Original file is HD), but after editing it I screwed it all up. waist of 2 hrs...

Anyway here it is from midpack of the ITB group!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GPzARiadD0[/ame]

Stephen
    Runnerup in the 2011 NARRC ITB Runoffs.