Thread: New to the party - ITA Fiero GT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    what is the minimum weight on this thing in ITB? I am too lazy to look it up.

edit: a 2.5L mid enigne car weighing at over 200lbs less than my 1.6L mid engine car?!?! #$%^#$&#! I give up

Though there are some differences but with my MR2 at 2340# it felt great with 450# on all corners and koni 8611 DA's
    I assume you are talking about an MR2. Don't let the size of the engine fool you. An MR2 has significantly more horsepower than a fiero. Wasn't it recently an ITA car? It may not have been a front runner in ITA, but a duke based fiero would be totally outclassed in ITA. Here is what wiki said about the two:

"The engine had already been introduced earlier on the AE86 Corolla, gathering a lot of positive publicity. Road tests delivered 0-60 mph times in the mid- to high-8 second range, and 1/4 mile times in the mid- to high-16 second range, significantly faster than the four-cylinder Pontiac Fiero or Fiat X1/9."

The best fiero based duke was only rated at 98 hp (flywheel). W/ a hooker competition header, 040 overbore, and some intake and exhaust porting, the best i did was 94 at the wheels. Admittedly, ECU work would yield some more power, but not a lot more.

I switched the rear suspension to 400lb springs, and put in coilover sleeves. Should be a great improvement. However, the i haven't done the front yet, so it may be a bit unbalanced!
    Last edited by ScotMac; 06-08-2010 at 12:59 PM.
    Scot Mac - Mac Motorsports
    88 ITB Fiero #41, SFR, NWR, ICSCC