Quote Originally Posted by 924Guy View Post
Direct reply back to Jared... bondo isn't the only way to repair your car; it's just the easiest/cheapest. If you don't like using it, then perhaps you should replace the panels in question. It's your choice; do you want to patch up or replace the panels that are damaged? There's no provision in the rulebook for not adequately repairing damage.

As for paint... you seem again to be taking very much a black-or-white, all or nothing view of the matter. Do you really mean to tell me that the paint all has to match perfectly? Close is good. Or even a better idea, change your paint scheme on the fly. Most racecars have multi-color paint. And metallic paint is a really poor choice for a racecar, for exactly this reason - too hard to touch up.

Does my car look ugly??

As you can see, not perfect. But looks fine, and never had tech complain about appearance. That's a $300 MAACO paint job, customized with Krylon and Rustoleum. Easy to touch up between races as needed. And I race mostly at Waterford, where a little incidental contact should be expected, like it or not. I'm not fond of doing bodywork either, so I make it as easy on myself as possible.

(and, FWIW, I have since replaced that LF fender with a fresh one, since it was not really salvageable long-term - that was the best I could do without too much bondoing at the time).

Yes the car looks unsightly (ugly)for a Porsche