Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post

We shouldn't have to wait until a particular sports car has beaten up on every other option to put lead on it - thereby, as it happens, clearing the top of the podium for another make/model with inherent advantages over the pedestrian 4-seaters. We SHOULD design a class that's got as many make/model options as can be practically put on a relatively level playing field. I personally don't have any real issue with Miatas but I DO have a huge concern with the Club limiting the appeal of its racing program by giving them - and other 2-seaters - another place where they and their 2-seat friends bring a pretty fundamental relative advantage to running at the pointy end.

K
I think we need a better definition of what is the real physical trait we are trying to get a handle on. I submit it is NOT 2 seats. I submit it is RWD with DW's at both ends. Del Sol's, Capri's, Fiero's...all pedestrian. RX-8's, not pedestrian. Then you have the tweeners (cars that don't fit either category)...2nd gen RX7, 944, 968, etc.