I agree with Andy very good post ... A few comments..

First, whenever you would like to swap cars or drive mine, you are welcome to do so. I may need a crow bar to get in yours.

I agree that the double dippers should be the icing. I dont believe the class was founded at all in any as a second class for Spec miatas to double dip. But there is no doubt that it has become one. I agree that the class SHOULD stand on it's own merits, but it cant. Why? I dont know that answer, but way fewer cars got on board than many of us projected. The question/ problem is this.. Regardless of how we got here, this is where we are now. The class ( while we can all agree by artificial means) is successful and #3 performer right now. I dont think any of the PTB (CRB or BOD) would want to do anything to risk doing serious damage or reducing the numbers in the class.

In a perfect world, I love Kirks idea. A real touring car class with 20 plus cars per weekend would really interest me as a competitor and I would certainly build one. ( looking at Spec E46) I just dont believe at this point and time it seems like we can support such a class? So where do we go? Keep what we have and try treating some of the warts or just put a bullet in there heads because the warts will never be completely gone?