Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post

Kirk's original point was that sports cars aren't touring cars.
My point is SO WHAT? How many times do I have to point out that the words in the name of this category never meant to describe the kinds of cars that were exclusively allowed?

We agree that this is true and that nothing will be done about it. So recognize the outcome of the problem and support change to bring parity to the class when outlier chassis are identified.
And my point here is that the sky is not falling yet. What data is being cited to show that there is a problem? I see NONE. An under-prepared Civic with a top driver is running dead nuts on a uber-prepared Miata with an equally capable driver. Grumblings are that BOTH cars may need to come back to the pack...but that's hardly a 'sports car' issue.

Yes, sportscars are better than non-sportscars...hence the significant weight differences at the current moment. If the premise from Kirk's post and the general feeling is that equity can never be achieved, then shit-can what you want to and start from scratch (basically Kirk's idea) but make sure it outlaws what you want it to in the first cut to be fair to membership...because any change now porks some people hard.