Thread: Fidelity Power Systems Pro IT Series Round 5

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tom Capizzi and I were having an epic race, the best imaginable, clean, hard racing. He got along side a few times and I was doing everything I could to keep him behind. I saw the 10min board thinking to myself I only need to hold him off for a few more laps. Then, the next lap coming onto the front straight his left rear hub (or something) failed and sent him into the safer barrier. It was a pretty rough hit. Scary too, as such a part failure could happen to any one of us. The race ended under yellow and we took the checkered though the pits. Tom got out and looked OK but they took him to the hospital to check him over. All things considered it sounds like he will be alright, just got knocked around pretty good.

Such a shame it had to end that way, no one wants to win like that. We just started catching lap traffic so our race was about to get really interesting. Even if I wasn't able to hold Tom off for those last few laps (a big if) I would have still considered it to be the best race I ever had. I hope the Autotechnic guys can fix the car or find another ITS car so we can do it again. That was really fun while it lasted. I wish Tom a speedy recovery.

Link to the Race Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1KNeQEyYA
    Last edited by JohnnyH; 07-23-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    John Hainsworth #95 ITS RX7
    2012 & 2013 Fidelity Power Systems Pro-IT Series Champion
    max-attack.net