Lime Rock June 21st

JLawton

Dear Powers That Be......... Please do not move ITA to a later run group because I have tickets to see Earth, Wind and Fire that night and would hate to miss a day of racing to go see them!!

It figures, I have to run from one end of the state to the other (with a stop to shower and change) in a very tight time frame!

Looks like some good attendance! (edit: good attendance at the race...... I'm sure the show is sold out! :) )

And while at it Jeff, Please, please, please make it a constant rainy weekend. Every fn time I go there for a test day with the new car it rains.

Not sure whose coming yet Mickey. I think as a min I could add one to my list. At least it would be a start.

Looks like 11 ITA cars already.
24 cars in the run group

Where is Tim K ? Don't see him on the entry anymore?

Abhi

Where is Tim K ? Don't see him on the entry anymore?
Tim done blowed up at Thompson. He won't be at LRP.

I'm not likely to get a transaxle repaired and installed by next week, so I'll volunteer for Contact Impound Steward. Abhi, got the forms already filled out for you...<rubbing hands together>

GA

So you're saying I shouldn't paint my fender and bumper tomorrow?

Abhi....dude....YOU were at Thompson doing 40 yellow flag laps as Tim had blown his engine. Where is he?

I think workers can bring guests, too? Or maybe...you could volunteer to work Tech or similar? Are drivers allowed to do that when they're not racing...?

Dude, I'll buy the tix if you can't go!

Floor seats, about 15 rows from stage....... Not a chance of selling them. I'd blow off the afternoon race before I would sell!! Cripes, where's my motivation gone for racing???
Mickey, let me know if you dont get hooked up for crew spots.

Last-minute shameless plug incoming...

Got a family member or crew guy who you won't keep busy with flatspotted tires, bent fenders or blown gaskets on Friday? Have them get a bit of low-risk,m high-fun driving done on Lime Rock's infield courses (With lead-follow on the big track at lunchtime) for only $110. ($15 weekend membership required if not already cardholding member) Walk-ins will be welcome at registration Thursday night or Friday morning. Loaner helmets available.

Friday Fun Performance Driving EXperience

And, hey, if you find you have the free time, we could use another instructor or two as well. :)

Looks like the I'm out for the weekend. Car isnt ready...............

Does anyone have room on their crew list? Dont mind spending the $10 entry fee but need to get my truck full of wheels down to Smarty and dont want to carry them from the in-field!! :)

I'm also withdrawn. My group is now 100% Miatas.

If you can't get on a crew list, I can toss you on the guest list.

GA

Considering going back to ITS or ITR?
Yes, considering changing to ITR-spec, and then running STL in the Majors. But there's several useful, desirous, yet IT-non-compliant changes* on the STL car that I'd really like to keep...so it's not likely to happen. - GA

* e.g.,
- Power steering removed, less s**t to deal with
- Coil on Plug (uses the stock distributor but does not "distribute" the spark in the stock manner). Coils and ignitor are inside disty and overheat and crap out. Shitty design.
- 4-bolt wheels; ITR only came with 5-bolt, no desire to buy all-new everything (I run 4-bolt Volk TE-37s)
- Brakes, would have to source ITR stock brakes
- Aluminum flywheel - don't really care about this too much, I can R&R it in four hours; "zero" while I'm replacing the engine with the ITR version
- Splitter, cannot run an effective splitter in IT because the Integra has no underhang below the vertical body outline
- Battery relocation - not that big of a deal
- Fender intake - 30 seconds to remove a tube
- Cage and safety equipment is still compliant, hood and hatch are easy to replace, easy to re-install headlights and move ballast.

Hey, at least I don't have to reinstall a washer bottle...!

Back