Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
225s on my Integra slightly rub the trailing arm. Doesn't seem to cause any problems.

I used to run 205s on the rear, but it just makes for easier tire management to run all four corners the same (old fronts go to the rear). And I had to keep a unique spare tire just for the rear. Then again, when I did run 205s in back, I never had to touch them all season...just kept flipping fronts.
I ended up with big Hohos in front and little Khumos in the rear, full tread. I don't know if it was faster than 4x Hoosiers (I strongly suspect it was), but it certainly worked better.
First, it saved bringing so many tires with me. Drive in on the "rains" (Khumos) and only switch 2 tires max.
Second, the car was SO much easier to drive; where it was near impossible to get the Hoosier rears up to temp, especially at the start of a race, the Khumos got on board quickly and the balance was great out the gate and stayed that way.
I think it helps to look at FWD from the perspective of a Formula Ford-driven backwards!