Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
You can't let him run with those tow hook????
Ah, our first Old Guy having a freak out...

Sure I can. Why not? regs says "does not dangerously protrude". However, I fail to find a definition of that term in the GCR, thus it is a subjective call. And, subjectively speaking, I find that these large pintles have large enough surface area - and are covered in foam - such that it is no more dangerous a striking object than the rollbar that is a couple inches from your head. They're certainly no more dangerous than those silly-ass 1980s-era NHTSA-required protruding bumper ends on our 1980s Improved Touring cars.

Besides, ever seen some of those fancy-schmancy thin-walled flat-plate loops that stick out of the bumpers of our fancy-schmancy Porsches and BMWs? In my opinion, those are far more "dangerous" (in terms of potential opportun....errrr, damage to Miatae) than these. As long as the Miatas don't hit him and they'll be all right. And if he's close enough to hit them then they suck and probably deserve it anyway (juuuuust kidding).

GA, relishing in the thought of all the screaming these cars are going to create...