Quote Originally Posted by Tom Blaney View Post
Ok I'll chime in here just to start a fire

One of the things that I find interesting (now compared to the "earier days" is that frankly sitting on the hillside to watch some of the races is flat out boring, and it's is easy to hear "oh I don't know who won, I guess one of those Mazda's"
Granted it's good to see ITA with 10-12 entries, but if they are all identical except for color, who is going to care.

When there are spectators(more than 10)watching a race, it might be possible that one of them (or their child) might say "wow that was interesting, I might give that a try".

Or on the other hand, if all of the cars are the same marque and they are all store bought standard versions, what happens to the weekender who is pretty handy with a wrench and would enjoy building a car, Like a Nissan or Honda (you know something besides a Miata) but if the field is filled with one standard model (some who are cheating their ass's off), why should they come to SCCA, pay bigger entry fees, and have no spectators because all of the young ones got bored with "Spec Racing" and went to see "drifters" and the old ones just gave up because it is just boring to watch.
This years NARRC Runoffs in ITA was really light with only 7 finishers but there were 4 different kinds of car.

ITR had 9 entries with 5 different kinds of car
ITS had 10 entries with 7 different kinds of car
ITB had 13 entries with 6 different kinds of car

We have diversity here in the Northeast.