We had good luck with Summit single stage. We used less than 1/2 gallon to paint the car with two coats. And I have enough touch up paint to run in groups with SM for a couple of years. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-up321/overview/

On the one had I'm amazed at how well the car came out considering the condition when we started. On the other hand it was a lot of work. And I'm not sure I could recreate the outcome on my own. Without Jr's skill, shed and tricks, it would have been a ton more work and the results would have been 2 notches lower at least.

My goal was racecar decent and all one color. The car was pretty beat up. I arrived on Sunday 9am and left at 1pm on Monday. About 28 hours of clock time, about 20 hours of work (times 2) including sanding, bondo, sanding, powerjack, welding, bondo, sanding, taping, primer, sanding, color, sanding and buffing.

I'm glad we did it this way because I learned a lot and the car turned out great. And the condition of the car was bad enough that I needed Jr's experience to fix what needed to be fixed and leave the remainder alone. I think I learned enough to be able to do the prep work myself next time.

Like everyone says the prep work is the hard part, the painting is the easy part. But, also like everyone says, unless you have a place to paint, probably the right choice is to prep it yourself and have Maaco do the spraying.