Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
I, and the company I own and represent are INSULTED by your shameful slur, sir!
Why are my blocks illegal?? The specific blocks in question are exact clones of the blocks that Honda sells, services and installs as replacements in the car that are approved and raced in STL.

By side company, Jakes Brake Discs has been supplying most of the field with my identical, but made with Polynesian and African labor, so that i can sell for lower prices....and nobody has any issues with their legality.

I fail to see the difference.

The fact that I am selling the exact same blocks to the guys who run in the JPL class of the SCCJ (Sports Car Club of Japan) where the rules state that original equipment blocks must be used shouldn't enter into your thought process.

My blocks meet the exact replacement rules, and my part numbers have no bearing on anything, nor should the other markets that they are used in.

If somebody feels the replacement parts I make are indeed not exact copies of the proper part, then they should determine the difference and protest me.
But there's a rule that specifically states that your engines are illegal. That's what the paper will refer to. If you want them to be allowed, I think it would be incumbent on you to get the rule changed the expressly prohibits them.

Seriously, I think that if they're dimensionally and metallurgicaly the same, they should be allowed. But outlawing JDM engines was the EASY button.