Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
Dave, I am also a CFR driver. I have run every event (barring mechanical failure - I was not driving the weekend the big wreck in turn 1) at long course Sebring event in the last few years.. Heck we have even had good races in the past where prior Duece, yourself, and myself goof around and talked after qualifying as we were qualified 1,2,3 and I was asking you how you liked the V710s.

As a CFR driver, it took a JDM motor swap in his CRX for me to do something. Members of the CFR group told me that I should not do anything as he is a good guy. It was very stressful. The sad thing is that car was leading the points in the region that year.. no one protested. Does no one care?

People are afraid of the protest process, with arguably good reason. I enjoy racing everyone you mentioned. I have worked with on or raced within inches of each person you listed.

To put this idea to that FLA and CFR is cheating, which I am a member of, to rest I think it would be good to do something. When I do travel the Southeast I hear about cars "down there". It would be nice to do something about it, put the issue to bed and make CFR the shining example of a fun and fair place to race. Do you think of what I am proposing a bad idea?

I find it a little disturbing that our stewards tried to talk you out of protesting a guy who had an engine swap in an IT car. Kind of sad. If CFR isn't regularly weighing the top finishers at most events (as was mentioned further up in the thread) that's a problem too. It's one thing for trivial things to be ignored, but a JDM swap?

IMHO the two things that can easily be done down here to change competitors behavior is 1- the region(s) itself needs to change and create a culture that encourages compliance. That means scaling the top finishers after every race. Ask people to open their hoods at impound. It doesn't have to be invasive or expensive to at least encourage people to be compliant. At least we can TRY to emphasize that it's an issue, but I think the region itself needs to step up here. I know we are supposed to self police, but they could help in building the culture. 2- Appeal to peoples conscience. Yeah, the real assholes will run this red light 8 days a week, but it's basically free. Draft a handout for the IT competitors that points out common cheats, and ask people to change. It can't hurt. And in some cases you are educating people that really don't know the rule set well. Especially with all the racers we have that come over from NASA or FARA for a few races. Anyway, we will be at the Turkey Trot, so feel free to stop by if you want any other support with this.