Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CrapCan forum?

Chris - good input, thanks. the back markers are specifically who I am targeting with this initiative.

basically, the pitch goes "you're running around in the back, spending 1k on tires every 4 weekends. Spend half that much and have it last three times longer. we're here to have fun, after all."

let them laugh. I'm not going to win an ITB race any time soon in my car, but it is fun to drive. this is the droid I'm looking for - and I think for many others as well.

I agree with your vision Chip. I also think Mike is onto something with the 6 hour race. 12 hours is to tough to work into and SCCA weekend, but 6 hours might be doable, and I think it will attract teams that might otherwise not be interested. We loved running three hours this past weekend intsead of the regular 1.5 hours, and the street tires aren't as much of an impediment in a long race. Are you planning on having a catch-all class for cars that maybe aren't quite IT-legal but have the safety gear? An ITO-Street? It would allow cars like the prodcars or dedicated Chump cars Mike is talking about to come out and play without upsetting the current class structure.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

a catch-all class like ITO, SPO/U, ITX, ITE are the region's to administrate. there's some talk I know of to include "ITX" in the sediv - basically IT safety rules, popularized in Atlanta region. I don't know if that caught on or not. In CFR our catch-all, SPO/U, requires Production safety equivalency, which will not work for many CCs. many street tire type cars could likely fit into STL/U if they wished to do so - the on track speed differential could be pretty ugly though.

I'd be happy to "observe" another class running within SP or ST. I think STL could make an interesting addition to the STC on it's own unless it's all just already-registered STC ITB/A cars double dipping there - with an alternate driver I'd be OK with it but it starts to get really hard to administrate. I'll see what interest I have in that before I say no.

CFR is supposed to have the CC class for 2014 . I am not sure where that is now.
    I will have to look in my Emails.
    Pretty much, "if you bring it they wil race."
    Also..this has been looked at from the BOD and been verbally approved.
    Still will wait for print.
    maybe start a thread on the "Dodge forum"
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Why would you post on another organizations web site scca racing?