I was up in the tower with Greg Sunday and can verify that the donuts went unnoticed. I've seen that sort of thing as a corner worker before and sometimes personally find it a little cringeworthy (considering this is "just" amateur racing, potential safety risks, or the fact that you know "no SCCA steward would approve of that!" - though I don't think any of these things separately should be the sole reason not to do something with the club!). However, on the other side I can completely understand the motivation, especially for an end-of-season - and we all enjoyed seeing the RST family team getting together for a photo op in the Winners Circle.

Greg, I thought getting the crew guys in on the victory lap (and the victory lap itself) was pretty much an SCCA trademark? I see photos from the National Runoffs every year of such a thing, and while it is a little jarring to see guys with just their lower legs inside of a topless Prod car with one hand on a rollbar and the other on a checkered flag going around at moderate speed, once again it's a heartwarming, traditional thing. Not even NASCAR does victory laps anymore (but maybe we'll be inheriting their burnouts? )