Thread: Cheap Date at NH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm trying to think of any track that allows kids on any kind of wheeled vehicle?
    Back in the Betty days, the motorcoach area (fenced in area center of paddock) was the only kid area.
    Jerry
    NER South

Dan, 98% of them were fine. I've never seen an issue with your kids. Unfortunately, we had a family nearby where dad basically ignored his kids. He was working on his race car while we (collective we) were stopping his kids from racing out into the roadway as cars were leaving impound.
    They had a scooter (push type) that they were using inside the garage and on the grounds. Little kids, like 6 and 8, were weaving and pushing themselves all though the garage, around people's cars. Repeatedly. I was waiting for one of them to wipe out into someone's car. Dad ignored It.
    Older sis was apparently in charge, but she really wasn't mature enough to do the job. She was ripping around on it too, and they were throwing balls all over the place, balls that kept bouncing into peoples spaces and off our stuff.
    I am all for a family atmosphere at the track. But how do you propose we handle people like this? I really don't feel like having to be a hard ass all the time, especially when I am looking to concentrate on racing. And having to discipline other people's kids is not something you want ME to do...trust me on that.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"