Thread: September 2013 Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is the intent of allowing alternate intake manifold? All this will do is create odd pairings that from a scruitneering standpoint sounds like a nightmare.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    What is the intent of allowing alternate intake manifold?
    You can mix-and-match parts within the same car/engine, and you're allowed to use the intake from either the car or the installed engine. - GA

that rule is pretty damned nitt-picky. the NB is really 1 chassis with some updates and different spec engines (3 of them IIRC). not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    that rule is pretty damned nitt-picky. the NB is really 1 chassis with some updates and different spec engines (3 of them IIRC). not cool.
    That, and there's absolutely zero basis in the regulations for that "clarification". Regs state "make and model". One can legitimately argue that "Mazda Miata" is one model, however I'd counter that manufacturer chassis designations are more relevant. In that case, I'd consider a "model" the NA, NB, and NC(?) chassis.

But different years within the NB model are considered different cars? Where in the regs does it say that? Or even imply that? Had that been run through the STAC I would have voted against recommending it to the CRB.

Gotta love POOMA rules "clarifications"...protest-worthy, if you ask me. - GA

good to hear the Secret Car Club is alive and well. we've been without a good smoke filled room story here for a while.

So, SOMEBODY, made a specific rule, for a clearly specific reason, tat goes against teh basic precepts and previously used philosophies AND they get the facts wrong???

I'd start by looking at a list of CRB guys who have a non Miata in ST....or have a buddy with the same, sorry to say.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Does a "Member Advisory" carry any real weight?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    good to hear the Secret Car Club is alive and well. we've been without a good smoke filled room story here for a while.
    You want that, go talk to the Prod and GT guys right now that are ready for the Runoffs town hall meeting with torches and pitchforks. There's a LOT of pissed off people about the BS they're pulling with GTL..
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    You want that, go talk to the Prod and GT guys right now that are ready for the Runoffs town hall meeting with torches and pitchforks. There's a LOT of pissed off people about the BS they're pulling with GTL..
    I haven't been paying attention to that side, what's up (short version)?