Thread: Street tires in IT??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I guess I'm a little confused here, if you want to run street tires and be competitive.....well that's just not gonna happen. Plus I don't see the cost of tires being the game changer here. I run the hankooks in 225/45/15, I have never had a problem getting them. Tire rack has them and Phil's tire service has them...ALL the time. There 700 a set and almost as competitive as the Hoosier and go twice the amount of heat cycles before falling off.
    Racing is not cheap, doesn't matter how you do it, but to be honest I have instructed many people who do lemons and chump car, Their eager and aggressive, but want to compete with crappy equipment and the cheapest solution possible. I'm sorry but that doesn't seem to be the creed of the rulebook....
    It's kind of like the lowest common denominator thing...do we keep changing something that national already uses against IT to keep it from going national .....like a uniformity across the nation.
    Why not start a regional street tire class?

P.S..... poster is an oppinionated dumbass, so feel free to say what you want. It's just my opinion based on the majority of people I've met and their input on it....
    Except the tire thing...I do run the hankooks and have for many years. There a little greasy when hot and ice cold, but when at temp a good long lasting slick.
    P.S.S. I use the same set of hankooks all year and just rotate them every session.
    Last edited by 1stgen; 07-18-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    #72 ITE Scirocco
    NARRC ITE champion 2011