FYI,

My brother and I WILL be doing this most likely for 2014 no matter what. We want to race but we want 1 set of tires for the ENTIRE SEASON

We have a good relationship with Dunlop and we will try and do our best to answer ANY questions that anyone might have. As most of you know we ran the RX8 at 2950lbs for 12hrs plus the practice session without any issues at all.

The biggest thing that I thought when we decided to do this at the 12hr was that these things would be screeching like crazy and the car would be plowing badly. TOTALLY NOT THE CASE! they honestly felt just like a worn hoosier. Predictable, comfortable to push to the edge, no tire noise, basically just a bit slower. For anyone that says "this is racing, we need R-comps" just give it a try. I would bet that you will have just as much fun driving and if everyone was doing it and you could still win you wouldn't even care one bit!

Jake,
NASA has already set the guildlines on the weight thing. they have figured this out a long time ago, made the tweeks, and continue to use a system they all like. (Check out the PT rules and think of the points as a weight penalty instead) Personally I agree that way to many cars are close to base weight without spending tons on more fabrication to remove more weight. I think a regional class within a class would be more effective, simmilar to how ssm or ssm2 or sm2 or sm? started.

I do wonder how Dan and the IT7 guys feel about this since they are running 150ish TW tires, ya this is kinda a copy of them but taking it another step further...

Great discussion, We will be running 200TW street tires in the PRO-IT this weekend at Watkins Glen. Maybe we are the first ones in this century to do this, but hopefully we are not the last ones!

Stephen