Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
yup, pretty common to see 1015 ITB cars and at least as many ITA at any CFR regional or SARRC race. most of them are legal, too!
Wow... talk about an exception to the track density rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
It was alluded to above but I really like the idea of the 'race within a race.' Get each person in your region interested in the idea to pitch in $5/race and award a nice "Street Tire Trophy" to the highest placing car on 200s in each IT class each weekend. Make it more complex as you desire. I understand that Dunlop was very interested in our Devil 12 hour Direzza test with Blethens, so who knows?

K
I think I mentioned it on the brownboard but not here. The Dunlop appears to do better "pinched" on a narrow wheel than other 200TW options. I mention this as the common thing for the AutoX Solo guys is to run a wheel with roughly the same width as the tire tread. i.e. I've got 205/50 Rival's mounted on 15x8's... 225/45's would also fit on a 15x8 but won't feel/work as well on something like a 15x7. Additionally, in the 15" diameter, the Dunlop is only available in a 205/50 which takes another variable out of the equation (225vs205) and they work better in the rain than the Rival or RS3.