Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
The conversation is interesting but honestly we just do not know enough about how the tires would perform. What would be great is if somewhere a group of IT competitors would do a gentlemen’s agreement and run a few races on them so we could have some real world comparative data.
I suppose one could even set up a double dip class in a different run group to try it out.
On it...

This weekend at Watkins Glen my brother will be racing in the ITR sprint races (Group 5) on some used Hoosiers. I am not sure the exact # heat cycles on them but they are relatively new, plenty left in them (typical mid to front IT driver tire). I will be running in the ProIT Series on the used Dunlop Direzza ZII from the "12 hour Devil in the Dark". The used set has several heat cycles and at least 6hrs on them from testing at NHMS and NJMP... They even have a nice burnout

Both my brother and I turned nearly identical lap times on the Dunlops at both NHMS and NJMP so I think it would be fair to say we would likely turn the same lap times at Watkins Glen. I think all but maybe 1 of the ITR cars are running both the sprint races and the ProIT. This should be a VERY interesting test not only to compare lap times but also class finishing position... Stay tuned!

Raymond "The Dunlop Guy" Blethen

PS: so far I cannot say enough about these tires... Excellent choice no matter what if you want to come out and play. Easy and predictable tire to race on, they will probably help keep you out of trouble those first couple of years also! The use of "street tires" should not prevent a beginner from coming out. At most you will only be a few seconds back, that puts you right in the mix with the best of the rest in a normal IT field... And that is some of the best racing you will find across the country in any series!