I have raced in IT off & on for over 20+ years I also got involved in Lemons about a year and a half ago. I was aware of it having attended two local races just to see what it was like. I was involved in building the "Breadvan Opel GT" that runs in the Midwest. After having a number of problems in the first race the car has run mostly trouble free since then.

In April at Gingerman it finished or was running in the top 3 in Class B and yesterday at Autobahn it finished FIRST! The team experienced no mechanical problems, no black flags, and incident free driver change/fuel stops.

This is a 1971 Opel GT with a ALFA rear end, a FORD 2.3L engine, and a T5 trans. I prepped the engine and trans and that consisted mostly of taking it apart and making sure nothing was worn out or on the verge of breaking! Both are still stock inside other then some minor porting of the head.

I agree to win overall it takes a good car and luck but it does take preparation, as much as any SCCA IT car needs.

I only just in the past month helped a Lemons team get into their first race. They were racing a stock Saturn, and I mean Stock! The only race prep was a brake job and the required safety stuff. I helped with the roll cage install. The results this past weekend were a blowed up engine 2 hrs in on Sat. but a spare was installed by Sunday morning and they got some additional track time then. I think the total investment other then entry fees and personal safety equipment was less then $2K split 4 ways.