Raymond,
I promote SCCA. But I can see the many shortcommings.

The SCCA endurance races have moved away from the casual deal. The lack of Minumum timed stops and allowing overhead fuel rigs really hurt the participation.

The tire rule is a very real cost (per Kirk.) I cant see any reason to buy 12 Hoosiers for a 14hr race. not gunna happen. (In fact I now run my IT cars in Prod for the tires.)

If you look at my proposed rule set, you'll note that IT cars can run the classes with the proper tires. TW of 180 or higher. If the car is well balanced, you may get 20hrs per tire set.

SCCA has the very best sprint races. The car count is getting weak as the cost have gone up.
The prep levels of Chumpcar and SCCA are the same, for the front runners.

Cost per hr is not a factor either way. other than tires.

Bottom line, When you mention SCCA at a Chump race, you dont get many , "yeah lets do that."
Many Chump teams are using the SCCA PDX for testing right now.
Most teams have at least one driver with some prior SCCA experience .( mostly not good)
How can we get the cars racing with SCCA?

The market has moved to longer races with less down time over the weekend. Can SCCA move some ?

I would think that Sprint races on Sat and PDX and longer races on Sun may fill up some dates better . Could that work?

SCCA ,by far, has the very poor promotions department. We advertise to ourselves.