Quote Originally Posted by racermr2 View Post
On another point I have been in a philosophical discussion relative to ST and driver license requirements for NAT'L races. Specifically, this often times heated discussion, centers on the fact that competitors no longer need a nat'l license for competition in nat'l races across the board. Supposedly, this interpretation is based on the language of giving IT competitors the chance to run nat'l races in ST. Since IT cars are regional only these fellow members have made the leap that you only need a regional license on the nat'l level. They have also taken the approach that the Super Tour is the main reason and that nat'l racing by Division for all classes is to be eliminated.
In 2013 you still need a national license to run a Majors Tour event or a conventional National. Both are sanctioned as National events so the license requirement applies.
There is a group in place looking at reforming the license system for 2014 I am not sure what they will come up, IMHO all we really need is a novice level and a regular competition level so I hope it is that simple but this is the SCCA so simple is not always the answer that happens.
If in 2014 when it is possible to qualify for the Runoffs by running a divisional championship by running events sanctioned as Regionals, If there are no license changes, the answer being discussed is you could qualify for an invite with a regional license if you do you would need to upgrade to a national to compete in the Runoffs.