Thread: Clutches... What are you using!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I only use sprung aftermarket clutches in the little civic, albeit ~132 whp ain't much compared to ITS/R cars. Yet lighter, faster engaging clutches that can withstand more heat w/o killing your tranny is critically important. I went from stock oem clutch, to a ACT 6-puck and now I am using a Clutch Masters 6-puck.

- OEM had a soft fine, smooth feel but would go spongy 10 minutes into an aggressive session. I only used it for 2 track events.

- The 6-puck ACT clutch was married with the HD pressure plate. Great touch, not jerky, smooth fast engagement, perhaps a bit early though nothing that could not be managed with good foot work. After 3 seasons it gave up. The pressure plate warped causing the clutch to drag, making it impossible to change gears = a DNF at LRP in the 2011 season.

- The clutch masters setup is solid. Again, not jerky, smooth fast engagement, yet unlike the ACT, a bit late in engaging though nothing that could not be managed with good foot work and timing of gear shifting.
    Last edited by mossaidis; 03-18-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.