Quote Originally Posted by boxedfox View Post
Ron, I did a bit of looking and I think I found it (or a similar car). In fact, I think I found it for sale in the classifieds section here. I would love to get a close look at that car to see just what he did differently.
Roger,
He wouldn't be able to answer much for you, since I built it. When it left me in January of 2011, it weighed about 2400lbs, with ~15lbs of fuel in it and no driver. When the 4th gen Prelude Si got its weight dropped back in about 2007 or so, we put our car on a serious diet.

- Entire sunroof assembly was removed and replaced with a .060" thick piece of sheet metal.
- The passenger side door was completely gutted (re-did the passenger side door bars to go inside the door, to be legal per the rules). Drivers side already was gutted.
- Completely removed the side mirrors and replaced with small convex mirror attached to the roll-cage A-pillar bars
- Replaced the entire exhaust system with a 2ft Thrush, ~4ft of "damn near aluminum can thickness" pipe, and a turndown all before the gas tank (but still behind the driver, per rules).
- Pulled out the entire dashboard and removed everything underneath or attached to it that didn't absolutely have to be there per the rules.
- Removed any and all wiring that didn't absolutely have to be there.
- Removed the entire ABS system (wiring, pumps, lines, everything) and ran completely custom lines from the master cylinder to the four corners. Prior it had only been disabled, per the minimum rule on ABS.
- Removed any last bit of trim, seal, bracket, weather stripping, sound deadening, etc. that was anywhere on the car.
- The Kosei K1's helped.

I'm sure I'm still forgetting some other things we did. I was actually amazed at how much we were able to cut from that car, once I really started looking at it with a fine tooth comb. The best part is, most of that stuff cost next to nothing but time (if one did it themselves). The car still had an 8-point, fully-welded, safe rollcage too.