Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
What, beyond being able to participate in the Ruboffs, does IT gain by becoming a national class? I still have concerns with an influx of even more money into IT cars.
Nothing personal Dave, but I've never bought the cost argument. There are plenty of folks, in all of the other categories and classes, that have a great time Running Regionals, and don't have to spend National-level budgets, or worry about competing against them. Although, w/ the new Runoffs qualification format (and I readily admit that I haven't read through the whole thing), that may change. But if it changes, it will change for everybody. In fact, it may make Regionals 'less fun', as people may be looking for the easy button to get the points they need for their Runoffs' invitation.

To Kirk's question, I don't think there's any valid reason for IT not to have the same standing as all of the other categories in the GCR. I'm definitely interested in what the response to his letter is going to be.

And to answer your question Dave, in addition to being able to qualify for the Runoffs, you will have a larger selection of races to choose from, when deciding on your schedule for the year.