Thread: Turbo's sweep STU....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit07 View Post
    Wrong and Wrong.

Audi 255s
    Miata 275s rear.

No one and I mean no one has stepped up and quantified the Solstice being an overdog. Do it or shut the F up.

Joe, I to do this stuff for a living. The cars that did well at the runoffs happen to be turbos yes. That is exclusive of the the fact that they were well set up and well driven. The Solstice that everyone is saying is such an overdog also tested for 5 days prior to the runoffs. How many test days did you do Joe? Or are you so super human that you didn't need the test time?

Given the proper amount of money and the right driver we could have just as easily won with an NA car. The decisions to reduce tire size was based off of the delta "we" the STAC saw under braking and mid corner. Joe be careful if you choose the start throwing stones.
    Chris, you can’t tell us we are crazy to think the Solstice is too much for STU.

The empirical evidence is that the car runs 5 races this season, 5 days Runoffs testing and then proceeds to slaughter everyone.
    The Fall Line effort that has developed the Audi over the last 3 or 4 years and the other pro level prep guys that where at the big dance in force. Granted they are not pro drivers but not slouches either.

You and your shop have proven you can beat anyone but 4 seconds a lap… wow

I came from the SS/touring ranks so I have seen the Z4/CooperS/F430 situations so maybe I have a jaded eye.

I’m still not convinced that STU allowances totally negate big engineering advantages enjoyed by the Solstice. In this case a dedicated FI sports car which has a LOT going for it.

Now that STO is gone & we are all on 245mm tires I don’t think its unreasonable to give this car a little something extra on a spec line if it repeats dominance at next years RO

Carry on
    Last edited by prodogdriver; 10-19-2012 at 12:08 PM.