Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
Exactly. It's well designed- doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. There will always be cars better suited for the class because of specific engine output, chassis design, factory aero advantages, etc..

I *could* race a Camry in STU if I wanted.. but it just wouldn't be smart. Choosing a car that handles well and has a great engine package would be smart. Heeeeyy... lookie at this Solstice thingy over here? It's got a good chassis and a good engine, and it only overheats a couple times a race!
Ahh Matt, I think the big issue is the fact the gm showed what it could do, abet without a huge amount of development, right out of the box. And frankly your wrong on this score. In the form it was in at the runoffs, the car was a HUGE overdog. And Rob drove the car very well, so you can't take anything away from him!

Yes, Chris found a grey area on the restrictor rule, and exploited it,(bravo)but the fact remains we have a MAJOR issue of non parity between the turbo and non turbo cars. And the folks that recommend the rules to solve this problem, are the same ones reading the data from all our cars, and making rules that are going to solve the issue, right! With a few exceptions, I have some major issues with how the rules process, and the people make said rules work.

For instance; all of us with a bit of snap tuning FI cars understood the loophole in the restrictor area, but the guy on the STAC that could have closed said rule loophole actualy used it to his advantage. Now, please don't get me wrong, I would have done the same EXACT thingLike I said before, inmates running the asylum

So far, from what I hear, we will now have a tire size rule, and some work on the restrictors as to the wording of the placement. There is still nothing that I have seen that will stop a turbo car from being the car to have at RA in September. There are some voices of reason on the CRB, so it might get fixed, but I'm just not seeing the response from STAC aimed at giving the CRB the direction and view.

I'm sure this all sound like sour grapes, and to a certain extent it is. But as one who has invested his life in SCCA racing, and a huge chunk of cash in STU betting that it will be the class to resurrect our failing club racing program, I am more than a bit sour when I see the lack of stewardship thats being exibited.