Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
Sean, I hope you didn't think my question was a reflection on you or how you handled the incident. I didn't see anything wrong with what you did. I know I've spun my car a whole lot more times than I'd care to admit. But you do represent the other side of my question. I think if I had spun my car and it was wrecked it would be harder for me to deal with (mad at myself) than when another car suddenly shows up in the windshield (recognizing that "stuff happens", and that I COULD just as easily have been that other car). So give yourself a break.

Hoping you can and want to fix your car.
Marty, I did not think your question was directed at me. Actually I kind of realted to it in a way which you picked up from my post. I do feel bad about what happened.

After the incident my intent was to come to the forums and try to understand what I did wrong or what I could have done right to have prevented what happened. I still am not sure exactly what happened to cause the rear end to let go that fast with my best guess being cold tires and a poor setup for the conditions.

I am working on getting the frame fixed. I need some frame shop time to get the rear end pulled back out (and while I am at it fix the passenger door frame from July ). The incident put a kink in my winter plans for the car but I still have a planned list of upgrades/tweaks for the car. The motor mounts were pretty well done before this race so are probably REALLY done now along with the rubbery suspension bits. Along with some motor love and some "secret" suspension tweaks I am hoping to be back faster next year.