Yeah, I thought about that as well. probably the best idea is to use a slip-fit joint. I was trying to keep everything flanged so they would have to be unbolted-- less chance of it falling apart during a race if you don't have a spring to dislodge in an off. I'll look at where this joint is and see if I can mount everything up so it has little chance of falling off.

One big issue is the header flange is directly below my feet, and the flex section just behind it. I DO NOT want to damage the header by the exhaust hitting something. been there, done that, threw away a $$$ header after it bent around my steering rack, and spent all night in the pits welding up another exhaust to fit a stock exhaust manifold.

Then again, I think it was the flange itself that got hooked and bent the header. :doh:

The flex section may lose a bit of power (would be nice to see some dyno numbers on various types tested just for grins.), but it sure saves wear and tear on headers and manifold studs.

.... and yes, engine and tranny mounts were solved this weekend. I had a tranny mount go bad at the last race and it caused the tail housing to move over 3-4" during cornering. destroyed exhaust, engine mounts, exhaust flex, and pulled the wires out of an o2 sensor. And I missed a 3-4 shift and found reverse at 85. destroyed reverse gear as well. ouchies.