Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
My comment on the consolidation to facilitate the addition was brought on by the comments made that made it seem like the CRB thought there were enough IT classes now. So if that was the case, we look at the long term health of the category as a whole and adjust accordingly.

The 'class for everyone' was not a comment on a class above ITR but a comment on the SCCA structure as a whole. Everyone complains about how there is no vision for the future yet those same people hold onto their class (no matter how small the numbers are) with a white knuckle grip. Classic 'change is great for you but not for ME' mentality.

I personally think you could add a class above ITR without touching ITC. I don't see the necessity of a one-in, one-out model at this point.

On B-Spec - no need to worry where they will go. There aren't enough of them now, and as I predicted, won't be many more. At some point, people actually have to like the car they race. The guys with the wallets don't want to go into work on Monday and tell people they came in 3rd driving their rented Mazda 2. No cool factor which really needs to be there for most of these guys. It would for me if I had the money. GAC ST all the way.
You and I are on the same page Andy. The overall good of the category should be the #1 priority. Unfortunately, Club Racing has been too me-centric for a long, long time. I'm not sure why the CRB would take the approach that there are enough IT classes. It doesn't really impact anything, by adding another IT class, expect possibly bringing some more people to the track. The nice thing is, the Regions could implement it on their own, w/o needing any input or blessing from the CRB. The only trick is to get them (the Regions) to agree on a uniform rule set. So, Travis could pitch his ITU proposal to all the regions, get their buy in, and implement it w/o any need for CRB involvement. What would be really cool, is if all the Regions agree to have the ITAC manage the class.

As far as the whole B-spec thing goes, I'm not sure who's brain child that was. But I didn't think it was as expensive as GAC ST. I have a good friend of mine that runs that (John Weisberg), and I'm pretty sure seats are way more $$$$ than a B-spec ride, but I could be wrong.