Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
That's what the points system is for, guys. You toss paper at a driver over specific incidents, they get reviewed and discussed by the SOM, and points are applied to the competitor's license appropriately. Accumulation of points results in increasing sanctions (see GCR 7). You can't simply let this kinda stuff build up and then hope to later dump it all in one bucket; it's unfair to the competitor and unlikely to be properly presented and/or defended.

The protest system (GCR 8) is there for exactly this situation, and is designed to be a gradual increase in scrutiny of a competitor, rather than a sudden data dump of "I know you haven't been told about this before, but we're not happy with this guy, please do something about it."

I'm confident you (royal "you") may have walked up to him occasionally and said something, but if you've had an ongoing problem yet elected to not toss paper you have allowed the situation to fester. I suggest that absent this ongoing review, that it is improper to request a GCR 2.5 at this time. If you pursue this review you will have an uphill battle to present credible and defensible evidence against this competitor. At worst, you'll get "thanks for your input, we'll take it under advisement"; at best, the driver might be placed under closer scrutiny by subsequent event Chief Stewards (a system we have up here in NEDiv). However, these actions are unlikely to result in any immediate gratification (e.g., license probation or suspension) nor are you guaranteed that he will get noticed in detail, more likely lost among the other weekend responsibilities of the Chief Stew.

Use the protest system. It works.

GA, who knows absolutely ZERO about the specific situation(s), but wants to ensure this is done properly...
Greg

It is very unfortunate but I have been personally involved with similar situations in other classes here in the SE and have TRIED to use the proper system and the Powers to Be do nothing but tell the person being protested that he was a bad boy now go away and race and don't bother us. I don't know if this particular person has been protested or not but it would NOT surprise me at all to find out he has and nothing has been done.