2012 I.T.SPEC*tacular ( I.T.FEST) registration now open

Thx for the info on the PDF and instructor info.
That being said, I can't find any info on the evening test and tune......what time does it start, how many laps or how much time does it last, are there run groups or all groups on course at same time, etc

C'mon down, Tim, but you DO want to do the test - particularly if you haven't been to Mid O before. I trusted video for my first visit in 2008 - a *very* bad decision. The track is narrower and tighter than you can know without seeing it in person, and there are a couple of key spots where it's easy to leave a LOT on the table if you don't have time to learn it. The Festival format is a killer too. If you get behind the 8-ball early on, it's hell to make up spots.

K

Tim's been here before, but it's been a couple of years! Sorry, Tim - I will not be bringing up the Charger to run in B. Got a new set of wheels - Jeff Lawton's Saturn. Had a blast with it in June. See you at the track! You too, Kirk!

Quick question: I see that group 3 is going to have split starts all weekend. What is going to be the split?

Quick question: I see that group 3 is going to have split starts all weekend. What is going to be the split?

I'm having trouble thinknig of a way it wouldn't be ITA/7 and ITC. But I had a lot of tequila tonight so maybe someone else has a better idea?

2nd year ITA newbie representing! I will be there in my CRX assuming no major problems between now and then.

Just ordered some Hankook Z214 C51's to replace one consumed pair of Nitto NT01's. The Nitto's have been great to learn on but I am interested to see how much dumber I can get with more grip.

:eclipsee_steering:..."Will it hold...I think it will hold...Ya it will hold...nope I was wrong." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just ordered some Kuhmo Z214 C51's to replace one consumed pair of Nitto NT01's. :rolleyes:

You mean Hankooks? I think you'll be happy with the hankooks. but I hope you're not planning to run Hankooks on the front and Nitto on the back? so far the feedback mixing Hankooks front and Hoosiers rear has been "cheese and rice that was scary". followed by putting hankooks on the back.

You mean Hankooks? I think you'll be happy with the hankooks. but I hope you're not planning to run Hankooks on the front and Nitto on the back? so far the feedback mixing Hankooks front and Hoosiers rear has been "cheese and rice that was scary". followed by putting hankooks on the back.

Correct I meant Hankook. Dunno why I was thinking Kuhmo's for some reason.

No I bought a set of 4 of the Hankook's. I have 4 Nitto NT01's that are still usable and a pair of Nitto's that are just about done (The tread wear lines are just about to disappear). I will be running the 4 nitto's together or the 4 hankook's together. If I like the Hankook's I will be ordering another set for next season.

Anyone know if there's a camping fee (like in a tow vehicle motor home) and if so, how much?
Thanks
K
RTFS! :D

4. Camping will be permitted on Thursday through Saturday nights only. The camping area is limited to the paddock. . Motor home, 5-wheels and camper trailers and other “self contained units” will be assessed a $30 weekend camping fee by Mid Ohio. This does not include volunteer workers. All other forms of camping are free.

If there was ever a year that I could actually, just maybe win ITA.....can't make it this year though.

10 ITC cars already? That would've been fun.

crap am I reading this correctly? Is this really only $330 total for 2 drivers? If it is I think I am taking my Audi and my brother with me!

"$330 ( two drivers, one car both days)"

Stephen

You could possibly run the ITB Audi in STL or STU (Group 5)

(From the Supps) "The Club Course configuration will be used throughout the weekend." So yes, the chicane will be used.

Unless the F2000 cars are running the pro course, in which case group 3 might accidently qualify on the short course.

Back