So help me, not being a smartass at all ( I hope) It always takes a while when changes are implimented to see the results. ITR was never THAT big at SP. Marshall, Dan Jones, Rob Powell, Aziz who went ITS to ITR, John in Porsche, Nice guy in MBenz... Maybe a couple I forgot... Sorry.
Marshall just had changes in life that he sold off his car. Dan did not like running with BBore, told me he wasn't coming back. He has also sold his car now! Doc tried it and kept getting tangled with A sdn cars ( Marshall you had said that shouldnt happen but it did and Doc was not the fastest or the slowest in ITR by any means. He currently has the lap record at the Glen in ITR over Dan) Doc no longer has any interest in SP ITR with BBore. Ben Philips in his 968 came down and disliked the class structure, one race, asked nicely if a change could happen and then never came back and won't. If you have an ITR car in the North East now and want to have good races, you run the Pro IT series. Point is even if the structure is changed at Summit, people have left the class or have become comfortable somewhere else. ITR may not come back or may take awhile, a couple years? I feel that the problem lies MUCH deeper in SCCA, the proliferation of classes for one, Pretty soon there will be enough classes that everybody gets to win, yay... And the petty little "fiefdoms" and power struggles. Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm tired of being treated badly by "Kings for a weekend" in SCCA. Flame me all you want but I run guys in NASA and NEVER get treated badly there, Each division is a bought and paid for franchise by one individual. And he wants repeat business. If I have trouble during a race weekend, go see the man! It's fixed with a smile. Change classes mid weekend due to a crash and need to run a backup car, SURE lets get you over to registration open all weekend and fix ya up! I'll say it out in the open, I hate dealing with the old mean bast$*ds in tech at Summit Point, They have been doing it WAAY to long and have lost the idea of service to the membership. Nationals are a joke compared to my youth, they used to be a big deal, now they are mostly the same old guys and low car counts. Nasa races are getting big car counts for a reason. And the youth are there running in HPDE and Time trials moving into the race classes. SCCA is considered a deadend by a lot of the young guys starting out in racing..... RIP ITR@SP and maybe SCCA in my lifetime.
Jim Locke
99 SM NASA/SCCA
99 SM NASA/SCCA
92 SM NASA/SCCA
90 SM NASA/SCCA
87 ITS rx7 SCCA
95 ITR e36 NASA/SCCA
93 ITR e36 NASA/SCCA
99 PTD e46 NASA
82 FF SCCA