We're sort of going around in circles on this CrapCan topic. The thread started with this statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
We ran with NASA last week @ Sebring.
" Chumpcars can run without any hassle".
To which a number of folks pointed out that chumpcars can run in some local SCCA regions, namely the Southeast/Florida as well as others. Therefore, if you wish to run your chumpcars in the SCCA then bring them out and show the SCCA crowd how popular and interesting the cars are. I suspect that if you turn up some new cars, faces, and model the SCCA will pay attention, at least at the regional level.

However, don't expect the SCCA to change the licencing requirements to fit chumpcar. The SCCA doesn't work like that and you fellows know full well as an organization the SCCA is slow to adopt new ideas - you wouldn't have started the thread if you didn't know that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
Clearly you've never raced Lemons... Those guys are better to race with than the SCCA crowd. I'm not saying everybody go do Lemons, I'm saying make SCCA as easy as lemons and your field counts will go up, and we'll all enjoy the racing more.
I cut out some of your statement, but the jist of it is that you feel the SCCA is too difficult and the chumpcar model is superior. The SCCA isn't ever going to be "as easy as lemons", no way, no how. That might be at the detriment to the long-term viability of the club, but I don't think anyone who has posted on this thread thinks for one minute the SCCA "old-school" culture of licenses, national/regional class distinction, etc. is going to change. If the Lemons folks are better to race with, easier to race with, with better competition, then it sounds like you've found your racing home.

The SCCA is a duck. It walks, looks, and quacks like a duck. A dog you will not make it.