Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
We ran with NASA last week @ Sebring.
" Chumpcars can run without any hassle".
NASA is also going to add a 2 hr sat eve enduro. Chumps and all closed cars invited.
I have sent the rule basics to SCCA locals and have not heard anything. maybe : "if we ignore them they will go away." And we shall.

Of course I included that I would help this along in any way needed.
Any RE can email me direct if interested . Thanks, MM
Of course they let you run without any hassle! You've got X number of cars and are willing to pay. If you bring enough cars, they will even give you your own run group (at the expense of others who are already there) They are there to make money and will do whatever it takes to make $. They will be happy to let you come in and play while looking the other way on most things! I know - I've got a NASA logbook and no one got within 50ft of my car when it was issued... Just be sure to not hit anything (guard rail, concrete, fence, tow truck) during your race weekend - Your 'cheap' racing will become very expensive very fast.

And Chump cars that meet IT safety requirements can run as-is in ITE. These are the ITE rules for GL-Div:

Great Lake Division ITE RULES:
A. Cars prepared for any past or current recognized showroom stock based
amateur or professional racing series, not eligible for any current SCCA regional class.
B. Drivers must have the rule book and be able to prove compliance to the series rules the
car is prepared to.
C. All cars must run DOT approved tires.
D. Cars must meet minimum safety requirements defined in the GCR and ITCS for
Improved Touring.

Find the rules for your local region (SCCA) ITE class and go have a blast! It really is that easy. You want your own class? There are plenty of classes already and there is already a place for cars from other series to run. Yes - you may get beat by a Viper or some other high HP ITE car. And they will get the $6 trophy. If you bring enough cars - Do your own trophy (Beer to the winner or whatever). If not getting a little trophy is the make/break for coming - I've got nothing.