Thread: Eurasian Engines - Proposal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Letter #8568... Any questions, just e-mail me, I'll get all the spec's I can. But I'm sure that Eric can also get some of these spec's too.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I'm doing outreach to find specs on the VW ABF engine and have a couple of helpful leads. I'm assuming that I need to get PDFs of VAG documentation - as opposed to "I saw on VWVortex that..." kind of "evidence." Is that accurate?

And can I get some guidance re: what the STAC actually needs in terms of the specific specs? If I get everything in the engine section of the current VTS, do you have what you need for approval...?

TIA

K

I would think those PDFs are a good thing to have.

I suggest the STAC will want every bit of information that may/will affect performance that is NOT "open" to the STCS. For example, we probably don't care what the rods, flywheel, or crankshaft material is, as that's free in ST. We do care about valve sizes, throttle body sizes, and intake manifold (part numbers?). Probably can't hurt to include pertinent cheatable info, like port configuration and sizes, if available.

I think the macro following stuff is mandatory, including but not limited to:

- bore/stroke
    - Exh/Int valve sizes
    - throttle body size and configuration. If you wish to swap from fly-by-wire, provide detailed info on old and requested TB.
    - Crankshaft configuration (not material)
    - Fuel injector number and mounting location
    - Compression ratio, if above class maximum
    - Manufacturer's rated output
    - Anything else significant to engine output that is not allowed to be changed by the STCS...

GA

Groovy. Thanks!
    K

So, question...

Assume I send in a request for a bone stock SR20DET with factory compression and cams, and it's approved.
    Would I be allowed to change compression and cams after approval, within the limits of STU rules just as if I were a USDM engine?

(i.e. My plan is to throw a stock SR in the car for next season while I'm building a better one)

Or would I need to submit an additional VTS for these changes?

If we have to ask for additional VTS stuff every time someone wants to change an engine tune (i.e. camshaft), that's going to make STAC's life a living hell trying to keep up with the changes..
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

My inference is the engine will be approved or denied, with very little - if any - further restrictions. So if it goes as inferred, you would be required/allowed to follow all other STU regs.

GA