Thread: SE regional class; ITJ

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why SCCA is losing customers;
    Sebring ,SCCA, (CFR region) update. ; We left the side windows out of this car. It was nice and cool @ Daytona and went about the same speed, 114.( for 14hrs)
    The Prod rules say that the side glass may be leftout or lexan. The rule section is not very clear , so Icalled John Bauer and asked." yes, you may leave out the side windows."
    OK
    The car owner is 75yrs old, the co driver is 79. I sent the car to the track, I stayed home.
    The grid marshal threatened to remove the tech sticker.!! ( As the car was going out on track.) The driver said" I will go to tech post qualifying ".

Tech made these old guys, go to town and buy lexan and install it, before the car could go out again. Total BS. If the windows were out of compliance, they should have made a note in the logbook, not required on the spot action.IMHO.
    This is why many race elsewhere, after this kind of treatment. These guys will race Chumpcar from now on. ( same car)
    Yes the car is not overly pretty. It is a stock 18yr old ITB car , on Goodyear SRF tires, running in HP with no side windows. These old guys just want to race a little.

Action like this has been continual in CFR. I wonder why I still promote SCCA . granted,we are not in the "in crowd". The meetings are too far from me to attend. Maybe we need to pay the tech people, so that they just do their job.
    PBOC, NASA, POC all will not abuse the Chumpcar driving customer . The same cars run with allof these groups, Chin. etc.
    People will go down the path of least resistance, the second time. MM
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Flyinglizard; 06-06-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/